Monday, April 16, 2012

Progress Report

I've been doing a lot of research this weekend in regard to indy corps, and I've turned up some interesting results from the EVE forums and interviews with various players.


The link below will take you to the thread I posted.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=95599&find=unread

From my research, I have concluded that I am, in fact, a "noob."  But hey, all the best players have to start somewhere :)

So, taking these suggestions into consideration, I'm going to be changing my goals up a bit to aid the success of my future indy corp.

First, I'm going to join an indy corp rather than start one up on my own right off the bat.  I suggest all new players and new CEOs to do this.  Join a corp before you start a corp; you'll gain experience, capital, and be able to do some networking that can very well help your future corp's endeavors.

Next, I'm going to train to be able to pilot a hulk first (rather than just a retriever), and then an orca.  My goal here is to gain income with the hulk, then later use the orca to boost my corp's mining amount and productivity.  One of the benefits I left out of the 'corp benefits' post is the bonuses you receive via fleet boosts.

You can read about the various fleet bonuses through skills, ships, and equip here:

 http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/430571-eve-online/faqs/50762

The next few weeks will be fairly uneventful as I eat rocks while training to fly ships that eat rocks faster.  In the mean time, I'll be interviewing players I see around the verse and writing several feature articles based on those interviews.

Look forward to an article tomorrow about wormhole operations laced with tasteless innuendo.

No comments:

Post a Comment